Your Independent Insurance Professionals.
SHORE AGENCY, INC. since 1929
Flood Claims Procedure
To contact us:
Schedule of Events
By phone: Call Wright Flood 1-800-725-9472
By phone: Call Voyager Flood 1-800-280-3309
Dealing with the Aftermath
If you have experienced a flood, you can file your flood insurance claim by following these three steps:
· The name of your insurance company
· Your policy number
· A telephone and/or email address where you can be reached at all times
· Take photographs of all of the damaged property, including discarded objects, structural damage, and standing floodwater levels.
· Make a list of damaged or lost items and include their date of purchase, value, and receipts, if possible.
· Officials may require disposal of damaged items so, if possible, place flooded items outside of the home.
You'll receive your claim payment after you and the insurer agree on the amount of damages and the insurer has your complete, accurate, and signed Proof of Loss form. If major catastrophic flooding occurs, it may take longer to process claims and make payments because of the sheer number of claims submitted.
As soon as floodwater levels have dropped, it's time to start the recovery process. Here's what you can do to begin restoring your home.
· If your home has suffered damage, call your insurance agent to file a claim.
· Check for structural damage before re-entering your home to avoid being trapped in a building collapse.
· Take photos of any floodwater in your home and save any damaged personal property.
· Make a list of damaged or lost items and include their purchase date and value with receipts, and place with the inventory you took prior to the flood. Some damaged items may require disposal, so keep photographs of these items.
· Keep power off until an electrician has inspected your system for safety.
· Boil water for drinking and food preparation until authorities tell you that your water supply is safe.
· Prevent mold by removing wet contents immediately.
Wear gloves and boots to clean and disinfect. Wet items should be cleaned with a pine-oil cleanser and bleach, completely dried, and monitored for several days for any fungal growth and odors.